NEW – extended deadline for submitting photos – 17th May 2017, 23:59 CEST.
1. The salon is open to amateur and professional photographers from all over the world. Each entrant may take part with a maximum of 4 digital works in each section. Works accepted in previous Loka international colour salons will not be presented to the jury for judging.
2. Lumen 2017 is organized under the patronages of:
FIAP – International Federation of Photographic Art (2017/305),
GPU – Global Photographic Union (L170080),
FZS – Photographic Federation of Slovenia (2017/03).
3. There are three sections for digital photos. Each entrant can send 4 digital works for each section.
»LIGHT« – special theme – 4 digital photos (PSA – CPID)
SPORT – 4 digital photos (PSA – CPID)
FREE/OPEN – 4 digital photos (PSA – CPID)
4. Recommended size of digital works is 1920×1080 pixels (horizontal compositions) or 1080×1920 pixels (vertical compositions) in JPEG file format. For photos of other sizes the longest side of the photo should be maximal 2000 pixels and the shortest not less than 500 pixels. Maximum size of each file is 1,3 MB.
File name should be as you would want it to appear in the catalogue name / as a file name. Our program will later add the neccesary data. Only English letters (a – z ) and numbers (0-9) are allowed.
Preferred method of sending entries is to upload them to the application site http://lumen.poljane.si. The photos can be sent also other ways if you contact organizers to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is not allowed to present the same image in different sections.
The entry form should be filled-in on-line. With sending the online form the entrant accepts all the conditions of the salon.
5. The entry fee is 15 EUR for one (the first) section and 5 EUR for each additional section (i.e. fee for all 3 sections entered is 25 EUR or. All authors will get the printed catalog of the salon. Works without payment will not be judged. For clubs with more than 5 participants we offer 10% discount.
Possible methods of payment:
Paypal to: email@example.com (preferred method)
Bank transfer to the organizer’s bank account:
Foto klub Anton Azbe
Partizanska cesta 1, 4220 Skofja Loka, Slovenia
IBAN: SI56 1010 0005 5636 188
Checks and IRC coupons are not accepted,
for other ways of payment contact us to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Entries must originate as photographs (image/captures of objects via light sensitivity) made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired digitally. By virtue of submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work as his own and, unless explicitly forbidden, permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the exhibition. This may include low resolution posting on a website. The exhibition assumes no liability for any misuse of copyright by the entrant. All entries must adhere to the generally accepted ethical principles.
With participation the author accepts the rules of the salon and certifies that he accepts also the regulations of »FIAP document 2014/317 E – http://www.fiap.net/docs/patronages/D317_Patronage-en.pdf.
7. Organizer can use the sent works for promotional purposes of Loka salons.
Report cards will be sent to all entrants to their e-mail addresses.
Kurt Batschinski, Austria
Manolis Metzakis, Greece
Klemen Brumec, Slovenia
9. Awards / Prizes (74 altogether):
– FIAP special light blue pin for the best author – (1)
– FIAP medals for each section (gold, silver, bronze) – (9 altogether)
– GPU medals for each section (gold, silver, bronze) – (9 altogether)
– FZS medals for each section (gold, silver, bronze) – (9 altogether)
– 5 FIAP ribbons (HM) for each section – (15 altogether)
– 5 GPU ribbon of meritty (18 altogether)
– 5 FZS diplomas (15 altogether)
Jury has a discretionary right to award additional awards/prizes.
Each author can receive only one award/prize in one section. The decision of the jury is final and irrevocable; complaints against it are not possible.
10. Salon’s Calendar:
Closing date: 14th May 2017 extended to 17 May 2017, 23:59 CEST
Judging: 20th – 21st May 2017
Notification: 28th May 2017
First showing: 6th June 2017
Sending of catalogue and awards: 6th July 2017
Foto klub Anton Ažbe Škofja Loka
4220 Škofja Loka
Slovenia – Europe
12. Exhibition chairman:
Peter Pokorn jr., AFIAP